Twenty runners successfully completed the Royal Parks Half Marathon on October 9th in aid of the Panathlon charity.
The Royal Parks Half Marathon is one of the UK’s most popular races, with over 16,000 runners winding their way through London’s beautiful Royal Parks and past some of the capital’s most famous landmarks. The 13.1 mile course
takes in three Royal Parks and landmarks including Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Downing Street and the Serpentine.
Team Panathlon this year included runners from our friends at Accenture, Network Rail, Bilko, EQ Investors, Lane4, GLL Better, Miller Insurance, the Woodland Group and staff members from the Panathlon team as well.
On a beautiful autumnal morning, Hyde Park looked stunning and the weather conditions meant that it was likely personal best times would be up for grabs. The runners’ finishing times were as follows:
- Matt Iceton 1 hour 26 minutes 11 seconds
- Catherine Conway 1 hour 33 mins 31 seconds
- James Bradley 1 hour 34 mins 57 seconds
- Mick Barlow 1 hour 35 mins 25 seconds
- Ben Morrison 1 hour 36 mins 45 seconds
- Chris James 1 hour 36 mins 51 seconds
- Matt Parsons 1 hour 43 mins and 14 seconds
- Ian Iceton 1 hour 49 mins 38 seconds
- Nic Vogelpoel 1 hour 49 mins and 56 seconds
- Hen Watson 1 hour 54 mins 46 seconds
- Kevin Pickering 1 hour 55 mins and 18 seconds
- Kirsty Bennett 1 hour 59 mins and 44 seconds
- Max Putman 2 hours and 15 seconds
- Leanne Stubbings 2 hours 5 mins and 1 second
- Alice Castle 2 hours 6 mins and 47 seconds
- Lucy Putman 2 hours 7 mins and 14 seconds
- Jeanne Boyle 2 hours 14 mins and 13 seconds
- Lisa Pickering 2 hours 15 mins and 2 seconds
- Chris Rayner 2 hours 18 mins and 34 seconds
- Jo LePage 2 hours 47 mins and 58 seconds
Huge thanks to you all for your fund-raising efforts – clicking the links in the names above goes to their pages.
Some of the images from today are shown below.
Any monies raised will help to go towards providing more sporting opportunities for young disabled people across the country. We have just announced record numbers of growth for last year, our 17th consecutive year of growth – and we benefited over 10,000 young disabled people last year – read the full story here
Thank you for your support!