Panathlon are searching for the right individual to help the charity with income generation and fund-raising as we grow nationwide.
Job Title: Fundraiser (Corporate Partnerships)
Location: Home based with some office time at Stansted, Essex.
Salary: £30,000 p.a. (Pro rata) 16 hours per week.
Closing Date: Friday 9th February 2018
The Fundraiser will grow and diversify income over the next 3 years and in doing so improve the sustainability of the organisation by proactively securing significant funds from new income streams.
Reporting to the Senior Management of the Charity (CEO and COO) this role will focus on developing and promoting relationships in the corporate sector, commercial partners’ foundations and or ‘Charity of the Year’ programmes and CSR initiatives.
This role also will contribute on raising income through applications to ‘Charitable Trusts and Foundations’ where the charity already generate funds.
The role carries the specific objectives of securing investment, sponsorship and contributions and will also develop partnership management processes to ensure that relationships are constructive and rewarding.
To meet the requirements of this role you will need to demonstrate a range of skills, knowledge and experience. These include:
• Excellent and persuasive communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to research prospects and devise plans, identifying opportunities for corporate donations.
• Adept at building long term relationships with potential donors or volunteers and persuasively explain Panathlon’s cause.
• Ability to ‘close deals’: securing investment, sponsorship and ‘product in kind’ / ‘discounted rates’ etc
• Able to lead confidently on presentations to prospective corporate partners.
• A successful track record as a fundraiser (minimum 3 years experience) or comparable experience in negotiating high value sales in a corporate environment / sales or marketing.
• Ideally have experience of working with a sport-based charity.
• Knowledge of fundraising legislation and implications of GDPR in May 2018
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of IT / Office packages and ideally research methods and databases.
There is potential for the role to grow in to a full-time position and develop event-based initiatives e.g. corporate days and fundraising events etc.; to generate ‘giving’ opportunities for new partners and supporters.
Please send CV and cover letter to the Chief Operating Officer, Tony Waymouth email@example.com
A job description will be supplied upon request.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th February 2018